1 lb blueberries
1/4 cup sugar granulated
2 tbsp cornstarch
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
4 pie crusts (2 boxes, each box has 2 rolled pie crusts)
1 egg beaten for egg wash
1 tbsp turbinado sugar for sprinkling
fresh mint leaves for garnish, optional
whipped cream optional
• Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
• In a medium size bowl combine the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, zest and juice of one lemon. Set aside.
• Sprinkle your work surface with a bit of flour then roll out one of the pie crusts so that it’s flat. Using a bowl that’s about 6 inches in diameter, cut 3 rounds in each pie crust, by pressing down on the bowl or running a knife around it. Reroll the remaining dough, you should be able to get 1 more pie crust round from it. Each pie crust should give you 4 rounds, ending up with 16 rounds in total.
• Spoon about 1 to 2 tbsp of the blueberry mixture into the center of a pie crust round, then fold the dough up over the filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
• Place the galettes onto the prepared baking sheets, 8 per sheet. Brush each galette with beaten egg then sprinkle with turbinado sugar or regular granulated sugar.
• Bake the galettes for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
• Garnish with fresh mint leaves. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.