This golden and bubbly brussel sprouts dish topped with cheese and applewood bacon is so scrumptious that it’s sure to get everyone to eat their veggies!
• 3 Tbsp butter
• 1/4 cup sliced shallots (this was about 2 shallots for me)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 32 oz bag of fresh Brussels sprouts, cored and halved (or equivalent amount of smaller containers)
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
• pinch black pepper
• 1/4 tsp paprika
• 3/4 cup heavy cream (might be labeled as heavy whipping cream)
• 3/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (freshly grated is best)
• 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese (freshly grated is best)
• 6 slices cooked applewood bacon, crumbled
• minced fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Add butter to a large oven safe pan or skillet, and heat over MED heat. Add Brussels sprouts, shallots and garlic, seasoning with kosher salt, black pepper and paprika. Saute, stirring occasionally, about 5-8 minutes.
Remove pan from heat, pour in heavy cream. Sprinkle shredded cheddar and gruyere cheese all over the Brussels sprouts. Top with crumbled bacon and bake about 12 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.